Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question or special need? Please don’t hesitate to ask!
- How much will a website cost?The cost of a web site can vary greatly depending on its size and functionality. A small brochure-style site with just a few pages can cost as little as $800 whereas an e-commerce site could cost $5000 or more. What it really comes down to, is how many hours I spend working on your site. A simple site with static pages can be built and published very inexpensively. But it takes many more hours to create a larger site, especially one that really wows people with rich features and interactivity. My price includes a customized premium WordPress theme, state-of-the-art responsive design, SEO optimization, Google Analytics, and many other extras to start you off in the right direction. Tell me your ideas and goals for the site and I’ll give you a free quote with absolutely no-obligation. I promise a great site for a fair price.
- How long does the process take?The time line to complete a new site depends on the number of pages and the features built into it. It also depends on how quickly the client can get me the content needed for the site. Once I have everything I need, I’ll put together your new site as quick as possible. I’ll always give you a close estimate before you accept my proposal. A small brochure site can usually be completed in 2-3 weeks. A larger site could take 90 days or more. Let me know your deadlines and I’ll do my best to work with you.
- Can I update it myself?Absolutely! Most of my sites are built on a CMS platform (content management system). This means you’ll have an administration panel to update your pages, add photos and just about anything you need to do to run your website and scale it yourself as your company grows. If you do need help, I also offer webmaster and maintenance services.
- Is there any kind of monthly charge?Once your site is completed, you own the code and source files. I do offer optional monthly services, such as maintenance agreements if you need help with updating or online marketing. You will also have nominal hosting and domain fees which will be paid annually to a web hosting company. Our own WSP Hosting is a great choice for individuals and small business. WSP features ultra fast SSD drive technology and personal support through us for around the same price as the slower servers found on most commercial shared hosts.
- How much does it cost to get started?I ask for 20% down, plus the cost of any premium third-party templates or plugins if you’ve chosen any to be integrated into your design. Your site will be published to the web after you approve the final site and pay the remaining balance.